Allocate logistics costs accurately
Assign supply chain expense to a business unit, an activity, or a product line
With accurate information about logistics and supply chains costs, shippers can make better decisions to improve the profitability of operations.
Trax Costing enables shippers to do these things:
- You can accurately allocate, accrue, or book logistics cost to the proper general ledger account, cost center, product line, or stock-keeping unit (SKU).
- You can accurately identify the legal and reporting entities who are responsible for shipping transactions.
- You can accurately identify the business purpose and transaction type for each expense.
- You can generate quick product product-and-loss statements that provide an accurate assessment of your best- and worst-performing products.
Trax offers two solutions for cost allocation:
- Auto Allocation. You can automatically allocate logistics costs to the division, project, customer, legal entity, business unit, or general ledger.
- Product-Based Costing. You can allocate logistics costs to a product or product line. You can also generate quick profit-and-loss assessments for products or lines.
The Trax costing solutions support all five major cost-allocation and accrual methods:
- Pre-invoice allocation.
- Post-invoice allocation
- Post-settlement allocation
- Pre-Invoice accrual
- Post-invoice accrual.
What you can do now
Contact Trax for more information.
Go to the Trax product overview.